MEASURING YOUR PUPILLARY DISTANCE
Use this step-by-step guide to measure your pupillary distance (PD) by yourself or with the help of a friend.
Download Print PD Ruler
1. Print PD ruler at 100% size. Print setting should be ‘actual size’.
2. Fold printout along the dotted line.
3. Stand 8 inches (20 cm) away from a mirror or a friend. Place & hold the
PD ruler against your brow. Keep your face straight.
Take a few measurements for consistency.
Most adults have a PD between 54 - 74 mm. Most children have a
PD between 43 - 54 mm.
4. First, close your right eye and align the ruler’s zero to the center of
your left pupil.
5. Next, open your right eye and close your left eye.
6. Look straight ahead and read the millimeter line that matches up with
the center of your right pupil. This number represents your single
PD in millimeters.